missfifi

Bound by Lies
Hanna Peach
Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1)

Bad Things (Tristan & Danika, #1) - R.K. Lilley description

Since I am a bit tired right now with THIS BOOK (Yeah, you heard me right, this book TIRED me.), I will use a pretty different way to review this book. So just excuse all the weirdness :)

description

First of all, the title.

"Bad Things (Tristan & Danika #1)"

I love it. Does it suits the story? Not really. I'd prefer to call the book

"TIRING Things (Tristan & Danika)"

..but I guess that will stay as an opinion of mine only.

description

Next, lets move to the synopsis. What was my first impression of the blurb? Impressed. But now that I have read the book, I realized that there's nothing more misleading than the blurb, well at least for me. So I went from very impressed to extremely depressed.

"Danika hasn’t had an easy life. Being insanely attracted to bad boys has never helped make it easier. " - 50% there and I was left wondering, where did the "hasn't had an easy life" come from? All I could gather is that 1. She had a distant relationship with her family which she didn't seem to love or miss at all 2. She just got cheated on by her ex, which she also didn't seem to love or miss. What the fuck indicates a hard life in that?! My life is even more tragic tan that! And the bad boyS thing? The ONLY bad boy that I know in the book would be Tristan and only Tristan. And to be honest, that boy is NOT a fucking Bad Boy!

description

"One look at Tristan, and every brain cell she possessed went up in smoke. This man was trouble with a capital T. It was a given." - TROUBLE? Seriously, she made this up just because he was HOT and she was NOT (as hot, that is)! Other than that, she was just being freaking judgmental!

"She knew better. Bad boys were bad. Especially for her. Considering her history, it was crazy to think otherwise. So why did crazy have to feel so damn fine?" - to answer this, she was overreacting although I think there were hints that she was mentally unstable in the book..

"For as long as she could remember, Danika had been focused on the future with single-minded purpose. Tristan came along and taught her everything there was to know about letting go, and living in the present. She fell, hard and deep. Of course, that only made her impact with the ground that much more devastating." - This part is the only part where not all of it are questionable.

"Bad Things is about Tristan and Danika, and their train wreck of a love story. This series can be read as a standalone, or with the Up in the Air series." - I would have replaced this with " Bad Things is just an awfully done Beautiful Disaster fanfic"

description

I was tempted to give this book a one star rating but I decided against it because I am feeling VERY generous right now ;)