missfifi

Hanna Peach
Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson

Bully (Fall Away, #1)

Bully (Fall Away, #1) - Penelope Douglas 2.5 Flawed Bullied Stars!

Now, how do I explain this one?
Let me think first.
Okay, here we go.

I liked it, but I didn't love it. (I just love using this phrase!)

I read the book because I expected the book to focus on the Bully subject. I hated bullying, but it was intriguing! However the book barely touched the subject. It was more like a book of banters between the characters. And the characters, don't get me started. I tried hard to understand them, but it was an epic fail. Below are my summaries for the characters:

Tate: Oh dear Tate. She was the bully victim. Well to be precise, she was Jared's victim. She was the perfect victim, meek and all. I wanted to pity her but I never understood why she didn't confront him for what he did. Why she didn't confront him for his sudden change. Why she never told her parents about her getting bullied by the neighbour. I didn't get her which annoyed me a lot! uhm, maybe she's mentally unstable because she was too used to the torturous pranks and all that she started loving them??

Jared: He was the bully. He was okay with everyone, but Tate, his ex-best-friend. Something bad happened to him and he decided to hurt her just to keep her by his side, to be remembered. Of two thousands people at school, he chose her, when she was so important to him? I'm so not getting this!Umm, is that some kind of kinky sexual thing for him?? Because I so totally don't think that it's normal for people to do that freakish thing for that freakish reason to people they freakishky love!

K.C: She was Tate's best friend. She kept things from Tate. She was quite okay with Tate, her friend, being bullied. Uhm, did I miss the memo? Are friends supposed to be that distant and unsupportive nowadays?but it didn't matter much because the idiotic Tate seemed to be okay with being lied to, she had a heart of gold after all, forgiving people left and right

However, to annoy me more, the book had decided to add unnecessary overdramatic stings of events abuse, prison, fights, sex tape, alcoholics, absent parents, mean girls etc. into the whole mess. The nearer it got to the ending, the more ridiculous things became. It was too much for my liking.