missfifi

Bound by Lies
Hanna Peach
Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson

Cage (Corps Security, #2)

Cage (Corps Security, #2) - Harper Sloan
description

*If you can't stand sarcasm, stay the hell away from this review*

description

Hello everyone! Today I wanna share my frustration, anger and disappointment with you guys. So lets begin with my feelings...

Before reading the book:

description

Seriously who wouldn't feel so when people keep telling us that the book has a hot alpha male in it?

While reading the book:

description

I didn't sign up for this!

After reading the book:

description

Glad the torture is over.

description

Why? Oh baby, fantastic question!

Well I need to introduce the characters first before I could explain it, so....

Meet the hot Cage.

description

Who is Cage? He's supposed to be your perfect alpha male. Hot. Sexy. Muscular. Strong. Possessive. Caring. And oozes sex.

description

Now, meet the sexy Melissa.

description

Who is Melissa? She's supposed to be your perfect sassy woman. Confident. Sexy. Beautiful. And oozes sex.

description

This is the story of their sex life (and other unrealistic things in between)

They met at a hospital an asylum would've worked better for me.. and their ridiculous love story began.

description

The story? Consist of these weird elements:

1. Abuse : It's every-freaking-where. Cage's sister died of abuse. Melissa's sister died of an abuse too. Guess what? All the abused woman got abused and didn't freaking bother to let others know until it's freaking too late (seriously, someone please buy them a freaking WATCH so they know that time is ticking!) And did I mention Cage's stupid friend, Izzie (from Book 1, Axel I hated her then, I hated her more now)? She (sadly) didn't die of abuse but she did get abused (which probably messed with her head so much that she became a stupid whiny woman or it could be that she's just stupid)

description

2. Paranormal feelings : It was quite surprising that nobody tagged this book as paranormal! Well, I'm referring to insta-love brought to a freaking new level. If you ask me, I would guess that they are actually werewolves) They knew that each other was the ONE in 3 days ONLY (werewolves always know who their mates are, right?). On day one, they exchanged glances only. Next he had his hand on her p*ssy on day two (while dancing in a club). He didn't even know her name, and no, they weren't having a one night stand yet, they met, and parted ways after that. On day three, they had sex marathon for a few days (they are werewolves, of course they have that much energy!). Also, on the third day, they already started sharing their buried deep secrets (which they never told even their closest friends and family probably because sex is the payment for sharing the secrets, and they can't have sex with family and friends :D).

description

3. Animalistic Behaviors : Firstly, there's the sex marathon. Round after round (we normal human usually have other things to do, but they don't, remember, they're werewolves!). Next, there's Amanda. Who is she? A b*tch (double meaning there, she could pass as a female dog too). Cage broke up with her after mating meeting Melissa and told her to stay away from him. But she just didn't understand werewolf human language, so she became a stalker and stalked both Cage and Melissa. She was freaking annoying, barking screaming here and there like a whiny b*tch she is. Pathetic loser. Hmm, did I mentioned that she was a sex addict b*tch too? Yes she was (animal, remember?).

description

4. Ridiculousness : Melissa. Freaking Melissa. That's the name of the ridiculous thing I discovered in the book. Before meeting her, I didn't realize that sassy could rhyme with stupid too (not in the word sense though). Anyway, she was sassy and she was stupid (she's a serious rival to Izzie on the stupidity level). Remember our Amanda? Yeah, that Amanda. During her stalking, she managed to accomplish a few things: pulling Melissa's hair, calling her a b*tch, a home wrecker and stuff at workplace, causing an embarrassing scene for her, causing her to get fired (when she needed the job like freaking badly), and flattening her car tyres with a knife and lastly hurting her with a knife. What did Melissa do? Push her a bit and then refusing to press charges or even put a restraining order on that crazy b*tch. (I have a feeling that Melissa's actually a weird secret masochist, she loves being hurt and stuff).

My conclusion:
-If you want a steamy book, read the book, the sex were hot.
-if you want to read a steamy book, with a plot, read the book. It did have a plot.
-but if you want to read a steamy book with a realistic story, stay the heck away from the book, don't even come close to the cover on GR.

description

That's all, take care everyone :)