missfifi

Unexpected Consequences

Unexpected Consequences - Mia Catherine description

2 Seriously-What's-Wrong-With-Me? Stars

description

Lets get things cleared out shall we? ;)

description

My expectation: A romance book packed with actions.
What I got: A ridiculously cheesy romance book with very little action.

description

My expectation: A little bit badass heroine.
What I got: A heroine hell bent on ruining her life. A heroine who couldn't decide when it's cool to be sassy and when it's f*cking not.

description

My expectation: A badass hero with guns and all.
What I got: A mellow hero mellower than girl herself.

“I see no reason to leave any time soon. In fact, I have one pretty good reason to stay.”
She smiled. “That’s sweet.”
“Yeah, that’s me. I’m so sweet.” He tried to hide his embarrassment with a roll of his eyes.
You see what he did there? He felt embarrassed like a teen boy in front of his crush! I thought you were a badass guy who freaking worked for the mob not a not-quite-grown-up boy!
“You certainly have been with me.”
“I’m gonna have to find a place to stay.”
She hesitated, her mouth opening and closing a few times before she finally spoke. “You can stay with me.”
You see what she did there? She freaking invited a guy she had known for like a day only (and not much talking was done if you get what I mean..) to freaking stay with her! I get that she wants to be wild and sh*t like that but seriously? He could be a f*cking serial killer for all we know!

description

My expectation: An un-idiotic woman, considering that she studied meds after all!
What I got: An experienced idiot.

“Do you think we need one?”
“I guess not. I don’t make a habit of screwing women without protection. If you’re nervous about that, you don’t have to be. I’m clean.”
“I believe you, but I wasn’t worried. My instincts told me you could be trusted, otherwise I wouldn’t have spoken to you in the first place. And, for the record, I’m clean, too.”

“You believe me? Just like that?”
“Why would you lie? I’ve already had sex with you.”
Why would he lie? Seriously girl, have it ever crossed your mind that SEX was the f*cking answer?! She laughed before turning serious. “The look in your eyes tells me you’re being straight with me.” I thought it was crystal clear that: 1. You don't f*cking trust strangers. 2. You don't f*cking trust your instinct unless you're in a life-death situation. 3. You don't freaking have sex without protection with a stranger just because you TRUST THEM AND HAVE AN INSTINCT THAT THEY'RE TOTALLY HONEST WITH YOU. For God sake girl, what are you? A lie detector?!

description

My expectation: Mature characters.
What I got: Somewhat frozen in their teenage selves characters.

“So I take it by your attitude you don’t approve of Nick and I dating.” Nick could tell by her tone Kelsey was no longer angry with him. Her brother, on the other hand, wasn’t so lucky. Did you see what she did there? She acted like a teenage girl not getting what she wants!
“You don’t know him like I do, sis. He’s a player. I just don’t want to see you get hurt.”
“Was, dude,” Nick quickly added. “Things change.”
“I’m not going to let you hurt my sister.”
“That’s not your job, Bart. I’m not your responsibility. I’m a grown woman and I can make my own decisions—including whom I choose to spend time with.”
OMG! You've known him for like how many days and you're saying that your brother who have known him for years longer than you do is wrong? For God sake woman, stop acting like you know freaking everything! Typical teenage thing.
Just as Bart was about to speak, his phone interrupted them. He checked the caller ID and groaned. “I gotta take this. I’ll be back.” He slid from the booth and gave Nick a look that said touch her and I’ll kill you.
“I’m sorry,” she whispered to Nick as soon as her brother had walked away. “He shouldn’t talk about you like that.”
“He’s known me longer than you have, Kelsey. Maybe you should listen to him.”
Did you see that? HE had to TELL her WHAT to DO because she was even VERY RIDICULOUS to him LOL

description

My expectation: An intense dangerous mob surrounded life.
What I got: A romance with a somehow weird mobs.

(Nick's boss kept calling him to report back while Nick kept telling him to STFU - His boss being a whiny possessive controlling wife and him being a rebellious teenage boy (Nick didn't f*cking care with the consequences of his actions when dealing with the DANGEROUS people was kinda ridiculous..an idiot in the making?) Seriously, if that's not weird to you, IDK what is)

The good news is : The book made me LOL
But the bad news is: The book wasn't funny at all!

Seriously, everything was: