missfifi

Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson

Alpha

Alpha - Jasinda Wilder 1.5 Se-fucking-riously??? Stars

Before reading the book: This sounds interesting..I've been in a mood swing lately, so I might end up loving this or hating it to death..

After reading the book: This sounds interesting..I've been in a mood swing lately, so I might end up loving this or hating it to death..

(Please do not question my non-existing reviewing skill, life sucks, you don't have to make it worse for me :/)

Now,lets take a look at both the pretty cover and the interesting blurb first..

description

The first time it happened, it seemed like an impossible miracle. Bills were piling up, adding up to more money than I could ever make. Mom's hospital bills. My baby brother's tuition. My tuition. Rent. Electricity. All of it on my shoulders. And I had just lost my job. There was no hope, no money in my account, no work to be found. And then, just when I thought all hope was lost, I found an envelope in the mail. No return address. My name on the front, my address. Inside was a check, made out to me, in the amount of ten thousand dollars. Enough to pay the bills and leave me some left over to live on until I found a job. Enough to let me focus on classes. There was no name on the check, just "VRI Inc.," and a post office box address for somewhere in the city. No hint of identity or reason for the check or anything. No mention of repayment, interest, nothing…except a single word, on the notes line: "You." Just those three letters.

If you receive a mysterious check, for enough money to erase all your worries, would you cash it?

I did.

The next month, I received another check, again from VRI Incorporated. It too contained a single word: "belong."

A third check, the next month. This time, two words. Four letters. "To me."

The checks kept coming. The notes stopped. Ten thousand dollars, every month. A girl gets used to that, real quick. It let me pay the bills without going into debt. Let me keep my baby brother in school and Mom's hospice care paid for. How do you turn down what seems like free money, when you're desperate? You don't. I didn't.

And then, after a year, there was a knock on my door. A sleek black limousine sat on the curb in front of my house. A driver stood in front of me, and he spoke six words: "It's time to pay your debt."

Would you have gotten in?

I did.

It turns out $120,000 doesn't come free.

Feeling interested in it already? No? Whatever, who freaking cares anyway.

So lets move onto why it's a 1.5 Star book for me..
Keep scrolling
I mean it, keep scrolling!
No slacking, keep scrolling!
Okay, here's the truth:

It.
Fucking.
Bored.
Me.
To.
Coma.

Yup, my life's just that tragic.

description

I dnf'ed it because I didn't want it to lead to death by boredom at the end of the day. Yes, I am a loser and a proud one at it. Suck. It. Up. :)

Why I hated the book:

I accepted the fact that he was a psycho, although a 'nice' one at that, but I sure as hell don't wanna read bout the girl, her friend, his bodyguard and the world going 'psycho' too!

-Her: Accepting A LOT of a stranger's money for a year is SO NOT considered normal, spending 10 thousands a month is DEFINITELY not NORMAL!
-The World: Unable to get a job in a BIG city, even a temporary job is ALSO NOT NORMAL, coffee shops, other shops????!
-Her Friend: Her friend advising her to take the money.. I get it that she was insane, but I didn't fucking know that insanity was fucking contagious!)
-Harris, the bodyguard slash driver slash serial killer - I mean seriously? I didn't know Sebastian the Black Butler (Goo-fucking-gle it!) existed!

That and the fact that the way everything was revealed were a bit too much for me, so I quit. Sayonara~