missfifi

Bound by Lies
Hanna Peach
Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson
Imperfectly Perfect - A.E. Woodward I almost loved it. yeah, almost.

The writing was perfect, but the plot wasn't my cup of tea.

meet my Emma..

description

and my Shane...

description

"What is perfection? Does it even exist? Is it attainable? Millions of people spend countless hours in search of something perfect. Perfect dress, perfect shoes, perfect haircut, perfect job. But mostly we spend our time searching for the perfect partner. We all crave someone to share all of life's experiences with. Someone to grow old with." - Emma

What is the story all about?

This is the story of how I found my perfection. The road to where I am now was treacherous and bumpy, and far from perfect. And while my life may not seem desirable to most, I realize now that that's what makes it special. Things are perfect only in the eye of the beholder. It's the uniqueness that drives us. Life isn't about what is perfect for everybody else; it's about what is perfect for you. - Emma

Emma was living with her three best friends, and they were hot guys and not girls. She kept going out living her life like college kids with them although she was almost thirty.

Each of my boys filled their own role in my life. Rob was the crazy asshole that I did dumb shit with. Tyler, being more of the brother type, was always up for a little mischief. And Shane… well Shane was just there through it all.

She thought that her life was perfect, but a family reunion changed her opinion.

"..My life is great, but maybe I want a perfect life."

So she decided that she wanted to build a family of her own. Thats when she met Bradley (or whatever his name is, I just don't care) and she fell in love with him. However, her favourite boy, Shane, didn't like that.

There was only one person in the world that could help me muddle through my feelings at the moment. In fact he had been the only thing to ever calm me down during moments of crisis. He had been there for me from the very first time I had my heart broken.

Why?

And that was when it hit me, square in the chest. I leaned back against the wall in an attempt to keep myself steady. Holy shit, I couldn't believe it; I loved her.
I mean I really loved her. - Shane

Shane wanted her to be happy, but the happy seemed to contradict against his happiness.

I clenched my jaw, because-as fucked up as it sounds-in that moment I hated her and I hated that I loved her. I hated that she couldn't see it, but mostly I hated that she didn't love me too.

"What are you going to do?"
"I don't know," I managed to mutter, "but I'm open to suggestions?" - Shane's POV

And to tell you guys about the reason why this book was an 'almost' loved book is that..I hated Emma, with all my freaking heart.

She felt blessed to have her friends...

I felt blessed to have such great friends. We had made some pretty good memories together, and they would be people that I would cherish for the rest of my life. Yet, there was a part of me that knew it was time for a change. It was time for me to grow up and move on with my life. And that is exactly what I intended to do. - Emma

But she freaking ditched them for the Bradley guy. Seriously, what kind of friend do that? A bitchy friend I guess.

It was an ongoing argument of sorts between the boys. They constantly razzed one another about who was the favorite, always biding for 'brownie points.' But everyone knew deep down that my relationship with Shane was sacred. He and I knew everything about each other and we had been there for each other through it all. It was only natural that he would be my best friend.

And what made me hate her most is that she was one very selfish girl. She didn't care about others, especially about my poor Shane.

Desolate, I pulled out my cell phone. Part of me hoped she had called or sent a text whilst the other contemplated whether or not I should call her.
"Don't do it."
I turned to see Tyler towering above me, covered with glitter and beaded necklaces. I turned away from him without saying a word.
"The way I see it is if she hasn't bothered to call you, then she's not thinking about you. She's there with Bradley. She's not missing us."

I love my books to have happy endings, but the whole time I was reading this book I was wishing for an extremely painful ending for Emma. I just hated her that much.

"...I didn't want to be the one to break her heart or upset her in any way. That's why I had been stuck in this shitty situation to begin with. I had always wanted Emma to be happy. - Shane