missfifi

Hanna Peach
Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson

When You Were Here

When You Were Here - Daisy Whitney When You Were HereWhen You Were Here by Daisy Whitney

My rating: 2 of 5 stars

description

So the book tells the story of Daniel Kellerman who lost his mother two months before his high school graduation to cancer. His dad died six years ago. His sister, who was adopted from China, already left him to find her roots. The girl he loved broke up with him. He was all alone, although he was surrounded by lots of people. He felt empty because of his loss.

One day, a letter arrived from Japan and he was intrigued by a small fact revealed in the letter which made him question what was his mother up to months before her death, at Tokyo. So he made a sudden decision to go to Japan to unravel the truth. Read it yourself to find out what on Earth did his mother do.

*sighs*

My curiosity made me read this book. Guess what? My curiosity, as always, failed me. I liked the book, I really did. But it really bored the heck out of me. I loved the writing, it was very simple and straight to the point. But that's it. I found myself yawning at everything else.