missfifi

Bound by Lies
Hanna Peach
Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson
descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

2.65 I-Can't-Love-What-I-Could-Barely-Like Stars

Look at the pretty cover, it's Adorable! With a capital A mind you! I'd grade it as an 'A'.

description

Now read the interesting blurb.

description

I was thrilled when I was offered a graduate teaching position at the prestigious Tennerson Girls Academy. At twenty-three, this would be my first ‘real’ teaching assignment. Working at the elite boarding school, home to the daughters of some of the wealthiest people in the world, was a great opportunity that I would’ve been stupid to pass up.

One week into my new job, and I suddenly had no idea why I chose high school…I was a seventeen year old boy once, I knew how teenage girls behaved.

You can’t even imagine the hell of trying to teach thirty, hormonal driven seventeen year olds who have been cooped up, away from any male contact.

I could handle the whispers every time I entered the room. I could even handle the obvious attempts at gaining my attention. What I couldn’t handle was her…

Rich bitches and way too many rules. Was it any wonder that I hated school?

Add to that the lack of male contact, and I was going insane. Like literally. I wasn’t used to this. A year ago I was normal. I had a boyfriend, friends and a loving family. There is nothing normal about me anymore, and nobody here lets me forget that.

My name is Wrenn, and I’m only here because my aunt took me in after what happened, but my aunt also happens to be the headmistress of this academy…Can you see my problem?

I’m hated for my lack of money, and I’m hated for who my Aunt is.

Then he arrived. Dalton Reed. My new history teacher.

Slowly, he helped me see that even in the worst situations, there is always hope.

It is quite Interesting for me, as an avid reader of Teacher-Student romance. I mean, a hot teacher in an all Girls school? That'd make an interesting story. I'll grade it 'B' though.

But then I read the book.. and I was like: Hmm..

I'll just grade the whole book 'B-'. Don't worry, I'd love to explain WHY. :)

Look at her, that's Wrenn fellas:

description

And now look at him, that's Dalton fellas:

description

So the story was kinda like this;

Girl lost her family, went to live with her aunt -) Went to an all girls school where her aunt was the Principal, so people hated her (clue in my WTF face : Seriously?!) -) They got a new hot MALE teacher and everyone went crazy -) Said teacher (hmm, I don't even remember his name *sighs*) paid extra attention to her -) A teacher student romance started!

So..the book was kinda okay, but I didn't love it. Why?

My one and only reason would be:

The Secret: The whole Teacher-Student romance they were having were supposed to be A freaking SECRET. So why on Earth did he do these things:

i. Winking (as if he was having a seizure) at her REPEATEDLY in a classroom full of STUDENTS (who I might add, clearly NOT BLIND and of course NOT STUPID).
ii. Paying SO MUCH attention to her in class. Grade A EVERY freaking TIME?! (even if you two weren't dating, I'd still have suspected so by the way you were behaving dude!) Not to mention that he pissed off the Bitchiest Bitch of All by defending his *coughs* girlfriend in front of a classroom if girls. (real smooth at lying low)
iii. Visiting the said girl repeatedly in her house which was located at the SCHOOL. ( *shakes head* what are you, invisible?)

So that's it, the book didn't really work for me. But I seriously do hope that it works for you guys :)

and lastly, thanks Missy dear for the ARC copy :)