missfifi

Try (Temptation #1)

Try (Temptation #1) - Ella Frank

3.75 Not-Bad-But-Not-Over-The-Top-Impressive Stars

description

*I'll explain this sooner or later ;)

Time to freaking explain everything..

description

If you couldn't stand this:

or to be clearer, this:

description

You might want to STAY THE HELL AWAY from this rant ;)

so in 3.. 2.. 1... Go!

Holla people! (Damn it, just say "Holla' back for once!)

Have you seen the cover? You can see or re-see it below :) :

Fifi

Most people would think that the cover is kinda:
hot
yummy
amazing
delicious
sexy
etc.

But since I am ME and not most people, I think the cover is kinda...
common
so-so
dull
average
mediocre
and lastly,
creepy as f*ck!
(It's like the cover for some paranormal/supernatural shit about a ghost (haunting an old mansion) who hunts sexy naughty virgins (just to suck their yummy blood!) as a hobby)
and yeah,
Not.
Sexy.
At.
All.

Don't worry though, I am not gonna judge the book by it's cover this time ;)
[Case closed.]

description

Now lets peruse the synopsis:

Try – verb: to make an attempt or effort to do something or in this case…someone.

Sex. Logan Mitchell loves it, and ever since he realized his raw sexual appeal at a young age, he has had no problem using it to his advantage. Men and women alike fall into his bed—after all, Logan is not one to discriminate. He lives by one motto—if something interests you, why not just take a chance and try?

And he wants to try Tate Morrison.

Just coming out of a four-year marriage with an ex-wife from hell, a relationship is the last thing on Tate’s mind. He’s starting fresh and trying to get back on his feet with a new job at an upscale bar in downtown Chicago.

The only problem is, Tate has caught the unwavering and unwelcome attention of Mr. Logan Mitchell – a regular at the bar and a man who always gets what he wants.

Night after night Tate fends off the persistent advances of the undeniably charismatic man, but after an explosive moment in the bar, all bets are off as he finds his body stirring with a different desire than his mind.

As arrogance, stubbornness and sexual tension sizzles between the two, it threatens to change the very course of their lives.

Logan doesn’t do relationships. Tate doesn’t do men. But what would happen if they both just gave in and…tried?

GENRE: M/M

What do you think?
(I wonder why I still bother to ask when people never answer my question anyway..)

So what do I think of the blurb? : A gay guy meets a non-gay guy..
Well, I think the blurb is kinda...

mediocre (damn it, I love that word although seriously, I have no idea how to f*cking pronounce it!)

Because to be freaking honest, it's NOT something I have never heard of..I've read this kind of blurb for too often that I'm starting to wonder, who freaking started the trend..Kudos to the one who started it though, it would have sounded freaking interesting if I wasn't that used to it!
[Case closed.]

description

Now that the OFFICIAL information is out of our way, lets go straight to MY KIND of information :)

description

Lets meet my Tate, the HERO (he's not the Main Hero, but I love him more than I did Logan, so screw what others think :D):

Fifi

"Tate you're sexy as fuck. The minute I saw you, I got hard. When you opened your mouth, I became one hundred percent interested. And when you kissed me? I lost my damn mind..." ~ Logan

(Damn it Tate, why are you so HOTT but gay, hence CRUSHING my heart as a woman?)

description

and my I-don't-love-him-much Logan, the Actual Hero.

Everything I want, and everything I crave, is you. ~ Tate

(The only reason I didn't downright hate his guts is that the f*cker was HOTT!)

So Logan was a bisesexual guy, and he was as open as he could about it. And he had an EXTREMELY busy d*ck before meeting Tate. After meeting Tate, it wasn't as busy but VERY active.

Just when he figured life was going to be easy and hand him a woman to bend over his desk, it threw him a nice fucking curve.

(that f*cking curve being Tate..)

description

Tate was a straight guy. Sadly his d*ck wasn't as busy as Logan and he had been f*cking only one person for the past few years, his wife from HELL, Miss I-Don't-Even-Remember-Her-Name. The good news is he was divorcing her.

Logan saw Tate and experienced Lust at First Sight. Tate saw Logan and experiencd Strong-Attraction-To-A-Guy at First Sight.

Since both him and his d*ck wanted Tate, Logan made his moves.

“So...I like to try a little bit of everything and everyone.”

The words sank into Tate’s head, settling in, and then they started to make a whole lot more sense – until Logan, as usual, threw another can of gasoline on the fire.

“I’d like to try you.”

Since Tate thought that he was very damn straight, he was hell bent on brushing Logan off, even though his d*ck wanted Logan just as much.

Who is this guy? Tate stood there, completely stunned by the words that had just come out of that perfectly shaped mouth – Wait. Why do I care about his mouth?

...

“Then, in case I’m the first, let me introduce you to what me walking away is called…”
Logan watched Tate turn and make his way into the bathroom.
Over his shoulder, Tate called out, “Rejection.”
For the life of him, Logan couldn’t decide why that made the guy even more appealing.

A 'Fucking No' couldn't stop Logan though *sighs*

I don’t care if I have to be here every fucking night. I’m going to have him. ~ Logan

And sadly there's no "How to Handle a Hot Confident Persuasive Gay Guy from Messing With Your Head and Seducing You for Dummies" for Tate to peruse..

Nevertheless, every single sentence coming from Logan’s mouth was pushing Tate further out of his comfort zone and straight into the I-must-be-going-fucking-crazy zone.

So guess what? Tate caved in. (figures...)

description

“Congratulations,” Logan heard whispered as Tate’s hand snaked down between them, and his fingers wrapped around him.
“On?” he pushed past the lump in his throat.
Tate raised his head and looked him right in the eye. “Corrupting me.”
“I corrupted you? You’re the one stroking my dick.”

Tate stepped away from him and lowered back down onto his knees. “Yes, and you’re the one who convinced me to try, and now, I can’t seem to fucking stop.”

Wondering how?

“How did this happen, Logan?” Tate questioned almost breathless as Logan’s mouth both aroused and did its best to coerce.
“This?”
Tate nodded as he pushed his hips back, so he could feel the ridge of Logan’s shaft against him. There was no way he would get rid of his hard-on until the man released him and left the room.
“Yeah, me giving a guy head.”
“And loving it?”
“Yes, and loving it. How did that happen?” he asked again, truly mystified.
Logan let him go, chuckling as he made his way to the door where he unlocked it and looked back at him. That was when Logan told him the one thing that Tate knew was the absolute truth. “You met me.”

But it was just NOT F*CKING EASY for him.

“It’s like you expect me to flip a switch and just accept that everything I ever believed about myself has changed, and that I should be okay with that. Do you know how insane that is?”
“I do. But do you know what else is insane?”
“What?”
“That you still haven’t told me no.”

Yeah, he still wanted it though.

“I don't care what anyone says. Love being with you like this. I fucking love it.” ~ Tate

And it all started a HOTT relationship full of lust..

Well, come on then. Let’s get the talking over and done with, so we can move on to the fun part. You know, the part where my cock gets to meet yours. ~ Logan

..and possessiveness.

Yes, he’d worked damn hard for Tate’s attention, and he would be fucked if someone else stole it—even for five minutes.

...

Amelia is right there, Tate thought, as Logan’s mouth took his in a brutal kiss. The hand in his hair was punishing in its hold, and Tate could feel Logan’s erection as he continued to tangle his tongue with his own.
Yes, this mouth is mine, Tate thought as he parted his lips farther. Logan’s arms? They’re mine, too, he thought, raising his hands from his sides to grip Logan’s biceps. As Logan aligned their bodies, Tate groaned and placed a palm on the chest grazing his. And this body, this powerful body pressing against me, that’s mine also.
Screw Amelia, and as he thought that, Tate’s eyes opened and connected with the woman standing across from them. She licked her lips, walked closer, and ran her heated gaze down over the two of them, and Tate made sure to put a hand on Logan’s ass, a sign saying, Yeah, I’m fucking this, too.

But can LUST last FOREVER? Hell to the NO! That's when the TITLE played a BIG part in the story.

"...maybe you should try something new,” Tate suggested.
Logan raised his hand for the check while asking, “Such as?”
Then, with determination, Tate told him, “How about trying to see where this goes with me—and only me?”

[Case Closed]

description

Now lets talk bout what I didn't f*cking like at all in the book..but there's one IMPORTANT note from me though, MINOR (oh wait, were them MAJOR?) SPOILERS alert, so read at your own freaking risk ;) :

1. The Perturbing Prologue: I. F*king. Hate. Reading. Bout. A. Main. Character. Having. Sex. With. Someone. Other. Than. His. Lover. I don't care that it happened a lifetime ago before he met his lover, and that it won't be considered cheating, because it was too f*cking wrong to rub it in my f*cking face when I am currently rooting for the REAL lover.

2. The Cheesy Cheessiness: Some cheesiness is fine with me, but too much of it? I'll be quite sick. And guess what babe? That's exactly what happened, I got sick of the cheesiness..

Example #1 (Cheesy Flirting):

“I woke up one morning, opened the front door, and walked out.”
“Just like that, huh?”
Nodding, Tate answered, “Just like that.”
“She’s an idiot.”
Tate picked up the wing that he’d put down. “Why do you say that?”
Logan watched him move his left hand over to the blue cheese sauce where he dipped the chicken in and then brought it up to his mouth.
“Because I’d never let you just walk out.”

“Will that be all?”
“Drink-wise, yes.”
“That’s all that’s offered at this hour. Food shut down at ten,” he stated plainly.
“That’s fine. I’m not hungry for food.”

Example #2 (Cheesy Playboy):
“Ah,”“The new guy has finally been informed.”
“Informed of?”
“That I like to fuck, and that I’ve slept with almost all of the women and a couple of the guys you work with. And just so you don’t worry about them, they all thanked me afterward.”

...

Logan could have any pick of the women he wanted.

3. The Lusty Logan: I didn't like him. He was the main character but he annoyed me. His onfidence made me feel like puking sometimes. And his cockiness made me feel like throwing (real) daggers towards him. But how I felt isn't why I hated him, but it's the fact that he was so f*cking CARELESS with Tate's feelings. He hurt Tate's feelings by saying HURTFUL words (accidentally, yet still f*cking HURTFUL tho) but guess what? He EXPLAINED it and BRUSHED it off. Guess what f*cking IMPORTANT thing was missing? Him swallowing a BIT of his pride and APOLOGIZING. So not f*cking okay with me! He finally apologized INSINCERELY only AFTER Tate demanded he do so. And guess what? He wanted to use SEX to solve everything!

“Spread your fucking legs, Tate,” Logan ordered.
“Do it,” Logan cajoled. “And you’ll get your apology.”

It was like Oh, I bruised your feelings? Okay, let me suck you and everything will be okay. Oh, I broke your heart? Okay, f*ck my as* and we'll be okay. Oh, I hurt you? Okay, lemme f*ck your as* and we'll be fine. You see, he f*cked Tate into forgiving him!!!

[Case Closed]

description

p/s: The MAIN reason it didn't get a better rating from me is : it wasn't as good as Special Forces ;)

*gasps*