missfifi

Come to Me Quietly
A.L. Jackson

The Dark Light of Day

The Dark Light of Day - T.M. Frazier descriptiondescription

*I made a pretty decent rant earlier but accidentally ERASED it!!! So I'll just go with this messy rant :D And Āwhina **(Ah-Fee-Nah) dear, I used your beautiful quote in my jumble of words ;)*

4.5 What-A-Fucking-Amazing-Read! Stars

This is my ABBY:

She was broken.

description

Hope had been stripped from me at every minute of every hour of every day for my entire life. ~ Abby

and this is my JAKE:

He was damaged.

description

“...you know what’s worse than being a sick son of a bitch?”“Knowing you’re a sick son of a bitch.” ~ Jake

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

This is their heartbreaking story of pain, love and the gritty things in between.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Jake's father blamed him for the death of his mom and his brother.

it never should’ve been his perfect, straight A-earning, scholarship-winning, baseball captain and expert fisherman son who died that day. It should have been his weed-dealing, girl-chasing, fight-picking, school-skipping degenerate of a son.
It should have been me... ~ Jake

He hated his son and it wasn't the I-Couldn't-Stand-Your-Face kind of hate, it was the I-Want-To-Fucking-Axe-Your-Head-And-Make-You-Bleed-To-Death kind of hate. Yeah, it wasn't just an Emotional hatred, but it was also downright a dangerous Physical hate.

So Jake left home. He left everything behind, his identity, his old life and rode away into the darkness of the outside world. Succumbing to a darker side of the world. And he became an assassin.

He was Alive but he wasn't Living. Until he returned home and met Her..

I expected nothing, until the night I met a certain redhead with an attitude.
The night I met Abby Ford, my life changed forever. ~ Jake

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Abby was broken beyond repair. Her skin was tattooed with visible scars...

How could I be proud of the ugliness on my body, left on me courtesy of the ugliness in people?~ Abby

...while her heart was branded with the invisible ones.

description

She used to have hopes but they got crashed. She used to dream of happiness, but that was crushed too. She craved normal, and that chance was crushed too.

Inside, I was crying, screaming, raging against whatever higher power would be so cruel that it would give me a taste of normalcy then strip it all away. Outside, I was a robot. ~ Abby

No fate wasn't cruel to her, it was fucking cruel to her.
No, people wasn't atrocious to her, they were fucking atrocious to her.
No, life wasn't messing with her, it was fucking messing with her.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

But then she met Jake.. He scared her..but she felt safe with him..

“You’re not nothing. Don’t ever fucking say that again, because you’re everything.” He said it again, quietly this time, “You’re fucking everything, Bee.” ~ Jake

Abby wasn't used to people. She wasn't used to touches. And she wasn't used to love. But she was willing to try. She was willing to try, to heal her broken heart. She was willing to work from the start to fix her fucked up past. While at the same time fixing his too.

I wanted him to help me heal, and for him to heal with me.
I wanted to take on his pain because he’d taken mine so completely. ~ Abby

He surrounded her head and she filled his mind.

...you make the silence bearable
~ Jake

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Jake taught her how to love and how it feels like to be loved.

She had lost everything so he became her everything.

He was the light and the darkness, all at the same time. ~ Abby

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

But love wasn't enough enough when fate decided to meddled in and broke their healing hearts into even smaller pieces, cutting it, making it bled. Bleeding so bad that everything was smeared with the ugliness of the blood.

It was a surprise… sounded like a death train… left everything broken and twisted in it’s wake… almost killed…scared to death…lost everything…would never be the same… ~ Abby

She was hurt, she was broken and she was damaged. However she refused to give up. But him?

I wasn’t the happy ending type, after all. I was the fucked-up kid that fucked-up shit happened to. ~ Abby

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

But when it's real love, we don't stop loving, right?

description

Together, we were just us.
Battered and broken. Dark and difficult. Impulsive and scared. ~ Abby

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

p/s: (The other 0.5 Star was sucked by the AGE factor, they were TOOOOO young...)

descriptiondescription