missfifi

A.L. Jackson

Love, In English

Love, In English - Karina Halle description

THREE IMPORTANT THINGS ABOUT SPAIN THAT I'VE LEARNED FROM THE BOOK:

i. Spain people are called Sapniards, and NOT Spanish as I always assumed. How come no Spaniards have corrected me on this before?! No wonder they looked kinda weird when I asked them, 'are you Spanish?' (Yeah, I am that GOOD with it comes using English properly!)

ii. Spaniards MEN are hot and possessive........and know how to have fun and good in bed lol

and lastly, my favorite:

iii. Cuss words: Puta cona, vete a l mierda, puntam tonta, bastardo, pendajo, chinga tu madre. (Wow, so may words to add to my vocabulary ;))

description

3.5 Reality-Is-Not-Always-Pretty-But-That-Doesn't-Mean-You-Can't-Find-Beauty-In-It Stars

description

In March(??) Karina Halle had offered me an ARC.. I was like, "oh, okay..why not?" (okay, it didn't really go like that since I kinda went nuts with excitement when Karina asked me bout accepting the ARC, but lets pretend like I have some pride okay?..) Below's my copy, just incase you're feeling like being jealous ;)

COVER

I like the concept but seriously, I think her lips need some help, it's too pale (for me) and I think a slap or two of lipstick wouldn't hurt (again, for me).

description

He’s thirty-eight. I’m twenty-three.

He speaks Spanish. I speak English.

He lives in Spain. I live in Canada.

He dresses in thousand-dollar suits. I’m covered in tattoos.

He’s married and has a five-year old daughter. I’m single and can’t commit to anyone or anything.

Until now.

Because when they say you can’t choose who you fall in love with, boy ain’t that the f*#king truth.

...

To a restless dreamer like Vera Miles, it sounded like the experience of a lifetime. Instead of spending her summer interning for her astronomy major, she would fly to Spain where she’d spend a few weeks teaching conversational English to businessmen and women, all while enjoying free room and board at an isolated resort. But while Vera expected to get a tan, meet new people and stuff herself with wine and paella, she never expected to fall in love.

Mateo is unlike anyone Vera has ever known, let alone anyone she’s usually attracted to. While Vera is a pierced and tatted free spirit with a love for music and freedom, Mateo Casales is a successful businessman from Madrid, all sharp suits and cocky Latino charm. Yet, as the weeks go on, the two grow increasingly close and their relationship changes from purely platonic to something…more.

Something that makes Vera feel alive for the first time.

Something that can never, ever be. Or so she thinks.

description

Isn't it awesome? I love FORBIDDEN ROMANCE and maybe you do too :)

I know you're excited for this like I was, but here's a lil note from the author for those who are considering this book:

This isn't horror.

This isn't scary (although love is terrifying).

This isn't suspenseful or paranormal.

This is real life.

Real life is about heartbreak. About finding yourself and finding others in the most inconvenient circumstances.

It's about taking risks, taking chances, and learning to fly.

It's about giving it all on uncertainty.

This IS real romance.

And because it is real, it isn't safe.

It hurts.

I hope you'll join Vera and Mateo's story.

Now, focus on what I've highlighted and just enjoy the ride :)

...

If you're looking for a sweet love story where the hero asks the heroine out for dinner and then they go take a walk or something like that, I'm sorry but you won't find it in the book.

If you're looking for a hotter than hot sex 24/7, then I'm sorry but you're looking at the wrong book, and not to mention the wrong genre.

If you're looking for a love story where you follow your head and not your heart, then again I'm sorry, but you're definitely looking at a very WRONG book.

Because this book has none of that.

It's about life. Real life.

Vera Miles

description

Vera Miles was a tattooed wild Canadian girl in her early twenties who just wanted to have fun visiting places, for free. So..

1. She signed up for a program where she got a free room (and stuff?) in Spain.
2. She was supposed to speak in English all day long with a bunch of Spaniards who couldn't speak in English fluently. Don't worry, their English were quite okay and there were others who were in the programs like her too ;)
3. One month and she was out of there.

But there, she met Mateo Casalles.

Mateo Casalles

Well, Mateo was

i. A very composed hot businessman wearing suits!
ii. Trying to improve his English through the program
iii. MARRIED.

They met and they fell in love. It's as simple and as complicated as that.

description

She was scared of love, especially when that love includes hurting other people's hearts. But you can't just deny what your heart says.

description

They tiptoed around the reality while the temptation grew.

description

Mateo wanted to give them a try, because what if it's meant to be?

description

So when she was confused, he de-confused her..

description

But how to survive when love gets hard?

description

And what happens when reality hits and the truth that love definitely doesn't have the ability to solve all the problems that come with every decision they made floats to the surface?

description

Vera joined the program with the intention of meeting new people and seeing new places, and that's what she got. Meeting Mateo was so not the plan.

Mateo joined the program with the intention of improving his English and that's what he got. Meeting Vera was so not the plan too.

But when life plans something for you, you gotta do it as planned, in your own way.

description

It's real life after all. There were decisions to mull over, situations to think about and of course, REAL life to frown upon.

(May contain spoilers, my advice is don't read it and you're safe :D)

description

i. They didn't have sex right away.
ii. The program? :)
iii. The plot.

i. The cheating.
ii. Mateo. He's hot but he's so not my favorite person on Earth with his cheating and stupid decisions regarding certain matters. And he cared very LITTLE bout Vera's feelings. -_-
iii. The impact of the story on me : NONE. This one might be my own fault though but seriously, their love story felt like a soap opera to me. Vera was young and Mateo was not, but it felt like Mateo was the kid and Vera was the adult in the book. And it wasn't as intense as I hoped. :/

I loved the story but I hated the characters so as a conclusion, I just liked the whole book :)